University Police arrested three Temple University students early Saturday morning after they allegedly assaulted a University student at 40th and Walnut streets. University Police Sergeant Thomas Messner said a male University student received superficial head and face injuries in the attack. He was treated at Student Health and released. Police offered no motive for the beating, saying only that it did not appear to be a robbery or racially motivated. Messner said Temple students Bradley Rogers, 21, Eric Hildebrandt, 19, and David Herman, 19, have been charged with assault. In another incident, a University parking attendant was robbed early Thursday night by a a group of men claiming to have a gun. Messner said two or three males approached the attendant at the lot at 36th and Walnut streets at about 7 p.m. One of the men told the attendant he had a gun and then robbed the register. Further details on the incident were unavailable. The University installed bulletproof glass at all parking lot booths in February, 1989 after an attendant was shot in the stomach at the River Field lot. Director of Transportation and Parking Robert Furniss was not available for comment. Messner said police also responded to a robbery at 1 a.m. Saturday at 43rd and Locust streets. He said the victim was robbed of $30 by a man claiming to have a gun. Messner did not know if the victim was a student. In addition to the beating and the robberies, there were a series of less serious crimes over the weekend. University Police also responded late Saturday night to reports that a juvenile was randomly spraying pedestrians with mace. Police stopped an 11-year-old boy on the 3900 block of Walnut Street and confiscated a hunting knife and a can of mace dog repellent from him. Since none of the victims identified themselves to police, Messner said police could not press charges. The boy was released into the custody of his guardian. Also, brothers of the Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity stopped an intruder in their house early Friday morning. They held the man until police arrived and arrested him for trespassing. Residents of an off-campus house on the 200 block of S. 42nd Street called police at 6:30 p.m. Saturday to report a man loitering and prowling around their house. Messner said police stopped the man and later learned he was wanted on an outstanding warrant for a narcotics violation. In other incidents, police investigated the attempted theft of a jeep from a parking lot at 38th and Spruce streets, the theft of tools from the Institute of Contemporary Art construction site, the removal of a manhole cover on the 3700 block of Chestnut Street and the theft of a radar detector from a car on the 3400 block of Sansom Street. (CUT LINE) Please see CRIME, page 2 CRIME, from page 1