Next year's Interfraternity Council officers, elected at a three-hour meeting last night, said they hope to improve communication both within the IFC and between the Greek community and the University as a whole. Members voted College junior Jim Rettew as the IFC president. Rettew said last night that he is excited about having a "fresh group" of new officers to take charge of the board in January. "This was not a superficial election," said Rettew, who is currently IFC secretary and Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity vice president. "The rest of the candidates in the election went in to do something about how Greeks interact with the campus." Rettew said the IFC will also discuss improvements to the new "bring your own" alcohol policy, and the controversy surrounding Greek houses on Locust Walk. Rettew is the only returning member on next year's executive board, which will take office in January. College junior Mike Lingle, a Phi Delta Theta fraternity member, was elected executive vice president. Wharton sophomore and Tau Epsilon Phi member Bruce Forman was elected vice president for rush. College sophomore and Zeta Beta Tau member Steve Rice was elected secretary, and College junior and Delta Kappa Epsilon member Whitney Strotz, a last-minute addition to the ballot, was voted treasurer. Lingle, Phi Delt's IFC representative and house steward, first appeared on the ballot as a candidate for vice president for rush. During last-minute election changes he was nominated for president, but decided to run for executive vice president after losing to Rettew. Lingle said the new group of board members is "pretty solid," adding that he hopes to foster more communication between the executive board and rest of the IFC. During the election meeting, candidates waited together outside the meeting room, pacing nervously and conversing with their opponents while one candidate addressed the others in the room. Engineering sophomore and Deke member Doug Rosenberg was elected pledge ombudsman by receiving the most votes in the election for member-at-large of the executive board. Others elected as members-at-large were Wharton sophomore and Kappa Sigma member Andre Harris, College sophomore and Beta Theta Pi member Harlan Levy, College sophomore and SAE member Kyle Sindelar, and Wharton sophomore and ZBT member Stuart Elkowitz.