The University might be able to stop students from biking over the 38th Street bridge, but there will be little it can do when 22 floats cruise over the bridge from Superblock to Hill Field Friday afternoon. The floats are part of the Homecoming Parade -- the first ever -- which will kick off a weekend of festivities for undergraduates. The Quakers will play Yale University on Saturday afternoon. Each of the floats, sponsored by fraternities and sororities, performing arts groups, sports teams and cultural societies, are supposed to depict the group's activity and some aspect of the University's history. Mark Epstein, Homecoming Committee co-chairperson for the Social Planning and Events Committee, said that he expects student interest to be sparked by the number and diversity of the groups participating in the parade. A group of about 15 faculty and administrators will judge the floats and the winning organization will receive a trophy. Following the parade, SPEC wil sponsor a free picnic on Hill Field, featuring several performing arts groups. Black greek organizations will also perform a step show at the picnic. SPEC Homecoming Co-Chairperson Lorie Gleim said that organizers included a wide range of performing arts groups so that the event would appeal to the entire campus. Friday's festivities will culminate in a pep rally and bonfire at Hill Field, following the picnic. Football coach Gary Steele and athletic director Paul Rubincam will speak. On Saturday, there will be a free "spirit" brunch on College Green. Gleim said that she expects many "recent" alumni will attend the brunch, providing an opportunity for students to meet friends who have graduated. The weekends activites will culminate in a dinner and concert in the Palestra following the football game. The Hooters, Mary Wilson and the Supremes, and the Four Tops are scheduled to perform. Tickets for the dinner and concert cost $10, and students can sign up at either the Sweeten Alumni Center or Houston Hall information booth. Gleim said that she expects students to be excited this year because events have been planned for undergraduates. "In the past, homecoming was a time when the administration planted grass for returning alumni," Gleim said. "We planned this year's festivities in hopes that homecoming could be a time for undergraduates to celebrate as well."