James, the Democratic incumbent, is running for a second term in the state House of Representatives. Abortion: James favors abortion rights. Crime and Drugs: James was successful in turning into law, a bill which makes drug-money laundering a felony in Pennsylvania. He says he is against the death penalty and has proposed a bill that would increase the mandatory prison sentence for anyone caught selling drugs within 1000 feet of public housing. James also thinks that much more state money is needed for drug prevention and rehabilitation. He favors a plan that would give money from confiscated drugs back to community groups. Education: James says he would like to put more money into student grants and loans without as many restrictions. He would also like to clear the credit record of students who are making student loan payments, even if the payments are not the minimum amount. Philadelphia budget James says that the state has not given a fair share of money to the city, and that the state and city governments must work together to come up with solutions to the city's budget problems. Source: Harold James. Bruce Morgan (R) Morgan, a lifeguard with the city's Department of Recreation, is the Republican challenger. Abortion: Morgan supports abortion rights. Crime and Drugs: Morgan believes that crime could be reduced by redirecting young people away from the streets to do more useful activities in the community. Morgan says he does not think that drug programs are reaching far enough into the communities. State finances: Morgan says Governor Casey has presented balanced budgets based on "gimmicks." He says that he believes reports that the state faces a shortfall of at least $100 million. He says that tax increases were a "delicate situation," and adds that the budget will have to be reassessed. Philadelphia budget: Morgan described the city's financial crisis as a "harrowing experience." He said he would like to spread funding among different organizations instead of giving money to the same authorities that continue to run out of money -- for example, SEPTA. Source: Bruce Morgan.