This year's celebration of the 250th anniversary has been marked by reflection on the University's past and on international upheaval and change. But as the festivities draw to a close, students are asking what the future holds for them and the University. "We want something more to come out of the 250th," said Andrew Miller, a member of the Student 250th Committee. "This should not just be a celebration of the past. By looking back, we should be able to see what's to come." Each forum will feature a two-hour discussion among six panelists and will address the relationship of college campuses to surrounding communities, standards for education, curriculum and student life outside the classroom. Miller, chairperson of the committee organizing the forums, said the group is trying to "get controversial people to raise issues that are relevant to the University." The American Civilization doctoral candidate said yesterday that the panelists will consist of students, faculty members, professionals and administrators from the University and other universities. Each panel will include one graduate student and one undergraduate student. Steve Mendes, chairperson of the Student 250th Committee, said that the committee is hoping to bring presidents from universities that are experiencing a lot of change. "This is the first time, so far as we know, that students will have the opportunity to see what experts have to say on the future of education," the College senior said. The final forum, to be held December 4, will attempt to sketch out what the University will be like on its 300th anniversary. At the session, panelists will judge an essay and design competition open to the student body and will award a $500 prize to the winner in each category. Entry deadline for the contest will be sometime after Thanksgiving. All forums will be held in room 110 of the Annenberg School from 4 to 6 p.m. and will be free to the public. The first forum, entitled "Ivy League and Ivory Tower: Examining the University's Role in Society," will take place October 9.