As part of the University's 250th anniversary celebrations, the Dalai Lama -- the leader of Tibetan Buddhism -- will speak about developing world peace tomorrow at Irvine Auditorium. The recipient of the 1989 Nobel Peace Prize, the Dalai Lama was exiled from Tibet 30 years ago after Tibetans staged a national uprising against the Chinese occupation. Since then, he has worked toward achieving a non-violent resolution to the Sino-Tibetan conflict. The Dalai Lama will speak at Irvine at 2 p.m. to a sold out crowd. Those without tickets will be able to see the spiritual Tibetan leader at 11 a.m. at an Independence Hall speech. Mayor Wilson Goode and University Museum Director Robert Dyson will introduce the Dalai Lama, who will deliver a brief address on peace and personal liberty. The speech is open to the public and musuem officials Wednesday encouraged students and faculty to join the Saturday morning welcoming ceremony. Clare Wofford, director of the 250th celebrations, said that the Dalai Lama's speech is one of the outstanding events during the celebration's finale. "Of all the people we are sponsoring, he is the most well-known, a highly respected figure," said Wofford. In recent years, the University Museum has been active in bringing Tibetan culture to West Philadelphia. In 1985, the Museum opened an exhibit still on display which traces the history of Buddhism through India, Central Asia, China, Japan, Tibet, and Southeast Asia. The show features photographs, text panels, and artifacts.