policeline

Robbery:

March 15: On the 4000 block of Spruce Street, at about 7:40 a.m., the complainant reported that the offender approached the complainant and demanded their belongings. The offender stabbed the complainant in the finger and took their backpack before fleeing on foot. The unaffiliated 19-year-old male offender, Thomeer Thomas, was apprehended and arrested by police.

March 16: On the 2900 block of Market Street, at about 1:00 p.m., the complainant reported being approached by a group of juveniles. One punched him in the head and pulled his chain off from around his neck.

DUI:

March 15: On the 4000 block of Walnut Street, at about 11:27 a.m., officers smelled a strong odor of marijuana emitting from the vehicle. Upon investigation, the driver was found to be under the influence of the drug. The 25-year-old unaffiliated female, Aminah Fagan, was arrested.

March 16: On the 200 block of S. 38th Street, at about 7:57 p.m., a vehicle was observed to be blocking a travel lane, and the driver was found to be asleep upon investigation. After waking the driver, the officer observed him to have constricted pupils and slurred speech. The driver was also unsteady when standing. The 40-year-old unaffiliated male, Anthony Woods, was arrested.

March 18: On the 3300 block of Market Street, at about 11:54 a.m., an officer observed a driver making erratic lane changes, without the use of turn signals. Upon investigation, the driver was found to be under the influence of marijuana. The 66-year-old unaffiliated male, Jay McCalla, assaulted a police officer and was arrested.

Assault:

March 21: At the Clinical Research Building, located at 415 Curie Blvd, at about 6:33 a.m., the complainant reported being engaged in a verbal argument with the offender due to a road rage incident. The offender punched the complainant several times and then fled the area.

March 21: At the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, located at 3400 Spruce Street, at about 11:43 a.m., the complainant was struck in the face by the suspect. The 29-year-old unaffiliated female suspect, Precious Betrand, was arrested.

Aggravated Assault:

March 16: At Blarney Stone, located near 39th and Sansom Streets, at about 4:00 p.m., the complainant reported that two unknown offenders punched her in the face.

Harassment:

March 15: A confidential harassment incident was reported.

March 18: At the Medical Arts Building, located at 3900 Filbert Street, at about 12:18 p.m., the complainant reported receiving harassing text messages.

Narcotic:

March 19: At the intersection of 34th and Market Streets, at about 1:33 a.m., police observed a vehicle change lanes without signaling. Upon investigation, the vehicle was found to contain illegal narcotics. The 31-year-old unaffiliated male offender, Brock Davis, was arrested.

Fire Incident:

March 18: At Sansom East, located at 3600 Chestnut Street, at about 9:42 p.m., a fire was reported to be caused from cooking on a stove but was extinguished prior to the Fire Department's arrival. It caused no damage, no injuries, and no displacement of residents.

Fraud:

March 19: On the 3600 block of Chestnut Street, at about 9:46 a.m., the complainant reported unauthorized charges made to their lost credit card.

Retail Theft: 2

Bike Theft: 2

Theft from Vehicle: 1

Theft from Building: 4