crime-police-car-night
File Photo

Aggravated Assault:

Feb. 10: At the Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, at about 12:35 a.m., a male suspect verbally threatened an officer and proceeded to attempt to stab the officer in the neck with a pen. The 37-year-old suspect, Tarik Cox, was arrested.

Assault:

Feb 10: A confidential assault was reported. 

Feb. 11: At about 7:30 p.m., at the Scheie Eye Institute located on 39th Street, a person reported that her coworker hit her in the back of the head with a scarf, and then wrapped it around her neck and pulled her.

Other Assault:

Feb. 11: In Huntsman Hall at about 3 a.m., a person reported a verbal argument with a coworker, which led to the coworker threatening violence. 

Feb. 12: A confidential assault was reported. 

Burglary:

Feb. 10: On the 4100 block of Ludlow Street, at about 3 p.m., police responded to a burglary alarm. When police arrived, they saw the front door window shattered. No items had been removed from the premises.

Vandalism:

Feb. 11: At the LGBT Center, at about 4:38 a.m., a person reported damage to the patio door. No individual had entered the building.

Harassment:

Feb. 12: At the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, at about 5 p.m., a person reported receiving harassing texts, calls, and emails from someone who they did not wish to have contact with. A protection from abuse order, which is available to victims of certain enumerated offenses and prohibits the offender from contacting them, was advised by police.

Building Theft: 

Feb. 8: A theft was reported at about 7:30 a.m. at Penn Medicine Market, near 37th and Market Street, with losses between $50 to $199.99.

Feb. 9: Two thefts were reported: the first at about 9 a.m. from 233 S. 41st St. with losses totaling more than $200, the second at about 4 p.m. at Penn Presbyterian with similar losses.

Feb. 13: Two thefts occurred in Pottruck Health and Fitness Center. The first, at about 4:45 p.m., was reported when a person left their items on the basketball court, and when they returned the items were missing. The second, at about 9:20 p.m., was reported when a person left their items unattended in a locker room and returned to find their items missing.

Feb. 13: At the Inn at Penn at about 7:45 p.m., a person reported leaving their cell phone on a table in the lobby. They found that their ID and credit cards were missing from the wallet attached to the cell phone when they returned.

Feb. 13: At Steinberg-Dietrich Hall at about 4 p.m., a person reported their USB charging cord missing from their desk.

Bike Theft:

Feb.13:  At about 12 p.m. at Harrison College House, a person reported someone had stolen their bike when it was secured to the bike rack with a bike chain.

Retail Theft:

Feb. 12: At the CVS near 39th Street, employees reported a suspect had taken items from the store and left the store without paying.

Feb. 14: At about 1:15 p.m. at the Fresh Grocer, a person reported a suspect had taken items from the store and passed by the registers without paying. An arrest was made.