The UA discussed the current state of student mental health and potential improvements for the Penn system of mental health services at its first meeting of the semester on Sunday.

Several speakers, advocated expanding the resources of Penn’s Counseling and Psychological Services.

College junior and Penn Undergraduate Health Coalition Representative Elana Stern said that, due to limited space and staff, CAPS deals primarily with students facing immediate difficulties, while students seeking long-term, repetitive care are often referred to private psychologists and mental health professionals.

UA Vice President and College junior Gabe Delaney voiced a similar opinion.

UA representative and College sophomore Julie Bittar said that an inclusive working group is being formed so that any individual on campus who is interested in mental health can assist on projects. The working group will emphasize the importance of “removing the stigma” surrounding mental health. Additional propositions include a system in which students can anonymously seek answers to mental health questions.

Related: UA debates writing requirement for STEM students

“We want to help start a conversation with many student leaders who are not here tonight,” Stern said.

Student Body President and Wharton and College senior Abe Sutton also announced that he has asked administrators to explore the possibility of moving the deadline for the add/drop period from Feb. 3 to Feb. 6 in light of last week’s snow cancellations.

Finally, UA representative and College sophomore Varun Menon was also elected to the Budget Committee, which will begin work in February.

The election was held to replace the position vacated last semester when UA representative and College junior Anthony Cruz resigned from the Budget Committee in order to fulfill his duties as president of the Penn Republicans and co-chair of the Penn Political Coalition.

Related: UA raises concerns about health and alcohol