Kermit Gosnell, an abortion doctor convicted of murdering three babies on Monday, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for two of the three murders on Tuesday. He was sentenced to life in prison for the third murder on Wednesday.

Although Gosnell could have received the death penalty for any of the three counts of first-degree murder for which he was convicted, a deal struck with prosecutors on Tuesday allowed him to avoid this penalty in exchange for him not appealing his verdict.

Gosnell was also convicted of the involuntary manslaughter of his patient, Karnamaya Mongar, 21 counts of “Abortion on an Unborn Child of 24 weeks or more” and 219 out of 227 charges of “Informed Consent Abortion” — not providing adequate information to his patients regarding the procedure at least 24 hours before it is performed.

He received a prison sentence of two and a half to five years for the involuntary manslaughter for Mongar. According to Court dockets, he received no further penalty for the other crimes of which he was convicted.

Gosnell’s codefendant, Eileen O’Neill, was found guilty on Monday of two counts of conspiracy and two charges of theft by deception. She will be sentenced on July 15.