Nine-time Grammy award-winning artist John Legend and San Francisco-based pop rock band Train will perform at a celebration of the University’s Making History fundraising campaign on April 19, the Office of Alumni Relations announced Tuesday night.

The event — called “Time to Shine” — is free for all students with a PennCard. It will be held at Penn Park.

Although specific details of the event were not immediately available, this will mark the second time that Legend, a 1999 College graduate, has appeared on campus since the start of the semester. In January, he delivered the 12th annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Lecture in Social Justice with Department of Africana Studies Chair Camille Charles.

In addition to his success in the music industry, Legend is also a noted philanthropist and social activist.

Penn’s Making History campaign came to a close at the end of 2012, easily surpassing its original goal of $3.5 billion by finishing with $4.3 billion. The campaign brought in a total of 326,952 donors.

“I feel like I need to and want to thank over 326,000 people,” President Amy Gutmann said of Making History’s conclusion in an interview last month. “It’s an amazing feeling of gratitude and pride for what Penn stands for today and what we can do moving forward.”

Students, faculty, staff and alumni can currently register for the event online.