The DP's guide to Inauguration 2013
January 18, 2013, 1:13 am·
Going to the inauguration in DC this weekend? Here’s The Daily Pennsylvanian’s guide to the schedule, useful websites, what-not-to-dos and Twitter handles to follow for updates.
If you’ll be there, tweet photos and updates to @dailypenn. If not, follow us on Twitter and read our coverage at theDP.com/inauguration.
Where to go without a ticket?
If you don’t have a ticket, you can go to any of the non-ticketed Washington Mall entrances at:
• Constitution Ave at 12 St NW
• Constitution Ave at 9th St NW
• Constitution Ave at 7th St NW
• Independence Ave at 7th St SW
• Independence Ave at 12th St SW
The Official Schedule
Saturday, January 19
National Day of Service at the National Mall
Monday, January 21
Ceremonial Swearing-In Ceremony
Viewing stand and bleachers along Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington Convention Center
Tuesday, January 22
National Prayer Service
Washington National Cathedral
What not to bring to ticketed areas
If you have tickets, leave these items at home. The full list can be found at www.inaugural.senate.gov/2013/prohibited-items.
• packages, backpacks, large bags, suitcases
• laser pointers
• any sharp objects
• text INAUGURATION to 888777 for real-time alerts and updates
• The forecast on Monday promises to be in the 30’s — dress warmly!
• Washington public transport on the Metro system. You may want to purchase your Metro pass as far in advance as you can to save time.