Theft:

Between Oct. 12 and Oct. 18, there were seven thefts from buildings. There were two bike thefts, one of which was secured with a U-lock, and one with a cable lock. There were five retail thefts, four of which have resulted in arrests. There were three other thefts, all of which were outdoors, not in buildings, and two of which were of unattended items.

Assault:

Oct. 14 — A 27-year-old unaffiliated male of the 7100 block of Upland Street was stopped by a 35-year-old male officer on a routine pedestrian stop at Boston Market on the 3900 block of Chestnut Street at around 4:20 a.m. The suspect became irate, began making threats and punched the officer in the face with a closed fist. The same suspect resisted arrest and assaulted a 34-year-old male officer. The suspect was subsequently arrested for both assaults.

Oct. 14 — A 25-year-old unaffiliated male of the 7100 block of Upland Street assaulted a 26-year-old male officer while the officer was apprehending another suspect at the 3900 block of Chestnut Street at around 4:20 a.m. The suspect was subsequently arrested.

Robbery:

Oct. 15 — An unaffiliated female reported that she was approached while exiting the bus by two females who tried to take her bags from her at the 3200 block of Chestnut Street at around 4:45 p.m. The female victim was cut in the process of retaining her possessions and had to get stitches.

Narcotic:

Oct. 18 — A 30-year-old unaffiliated male of the 2400 block of West Hunting Park Avenue was observed asleep at the wheel of an operating vehicle by an officer at the 100 block of South 34th Street at around 3:30 a.m. After waking the suspect, the officer saw drug paraphernalia in the vehicle and the suspect was subsequently arrested.

Fraud:

Oct. 14 — A 22-year-old female student said she noticed that an unknown suspect opened an unauthorized Comcast account under her name at the 3900 block of Pine Street at around 1:30 p.m.

Oct. 12 — A 30-year-old unaffiliated male had three bank checks stolen from his home by a 40-year-old unaffiliated male of the 2500 block of Frankford Avenue at around 4:20 p.m. The 40-year-old male suspect was hired by the landlord to repair a window. The suspect has been arrested.

All information provided by the Division of Public Safety.