Wharton sophomore Tania Chairez and Bryn Mawr College junior Jessica Hyejin Lee were released from jail Thursday afternoon without bail on recognizance after spending an overnight in custody. Under the conditions of their release, they will be required to appear at all subsequent trials and comply with any legal proceedings.

They face charges of disorderly conduct and obstruction of highways. An arraignment has been scheduled for April 3.

Chairez and Lee, both undocumented students, were arrested Wednesday on charges of disorderly conduct and obstruction of highways. At a DreamActivist Pennsylvania rally in Philadelphia, Chairez and Lee sat in the middle of the road in front of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement offices at 16th and Callowhill streets.

The duo was among many protesters demanding the release of Miguel Orellana, an undocumented male who has been detained in York County Prison since July 2011. Prior to her arrest, Chairez entered the ICE building to declare her undocumented status and deliever a letter demanding the release of Orellana.

Orellana remains detained. “It’s not fair. We are out but Miguel is still away from his family. We need to take a stand and come out together,” Chairez said at her release, according to DreamActivist Pennsylvania. The organization is circulating a petition asking for Orellana’s release.

Before her arrest, Chairez had written an email and recorded a YouTube video declaring her intentions.

“If you are reading this email, I have been arrested in a planned act of civil disobedience,” she wrote. “I refuse to allow immigrant communities to be criminalized, so I am taking a stand and fighting back. I want undocumented youth to realize that they are not alone and that they can make their voices heard.”