Not even Navy could withstand the firepower the Quakers brought Friday to Annapolis, Md.

In its first away match of the season, Penn edged out the Midshipmen, 4-3, to give the Quakers their 11th consecutive victory over Navy.

“They’re always tough,” Penn coach Nik DeVore said. “We had to really focus and take them seriously.”

Playing their first match in 16 days, the Quakers (4-0) were able to take control of the match early due to solid doubles play.

Sophomores Phil Law and Eugen Brazdil and freshmen Jason Magnes and Mark Milbrandt sealed the doubles point for the Quakers with 8-3 victories over their opponents.

“We came out strong in the doubles, especially at No. 1 and No. 3,” DeVore said. “It’s probably the best that they’ve played all year.”

However, the Midshipmen (2-4) were resilient, fighting their way back into the match after handing Brazdil and senior Adam Schwartz their first losses of the season at the No. 1 and No. 2 spots respectively.

“There’s a big home court advantage and the intensity goes way up,” DeVore said. “They have been known for that. They play a lot of Ivy League teams very, very close.”

Nonetheless, the Quakers proved to be too much for Navy. Strong play from sophomore standouts Law and singles No. 4 Jason Lin clinched the victory.

“Jason Lin was sick all week, but he really felt like he was ready to play and he proved it,” DeVore said. “He had the best match by far.”

Penn’s 4-0 start is the team’s best since DeVore took over as head coach before the 2008 season.

The team hopes to add to its streak Wednesday when it takes on Georgetown at home.

“We have really good team unity right now and we have a really deep team,” the coach said.

“There are friendly rivalries amongst the team,” DeVore added. “The competitiveness is so good, and I think it really helped us to get off to a good start this year.”