A sexual assault was reported at an off-campus fraternity party early Sunday morning, according to University spokeswoman Lori Doyle.

Vice President for Public Safety Maureen Rush said the incident involved Penn students. She would not give any more information, however, because she said the investigation is being handled by Philadelphia Police’s Special Victims Unit.

As of press time, SVU could not be reached for comment.

Philadelphia Police spokeswoman Tanya Little said police responded to a report of sex assault on the 4000 block of Walnut Street.

A woman reported she was raped by a known suspect, according to Little.

Though Doyle would not provide the name of the fraternity where the incident occurred, Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs Director Scott Reikofski said police responded to an incident at the Beta Theta Pi off-campus house on the 4000 block of Walnut Street — but he declined to comment on the nature of the incident.

Several students, who all wished to remain anonymous, said they attended a party at the Beta off-campus house and that officers entered the house and would not let anyone leave for about 20 minutes.

Party attendees reported that police said they were responding to a sexual assault.

After the police arrived, people were ushered into the house’s living room, and Beta brothers were asked to guard all of the doors so that no one could leave, students said.

Beta president and Wharton junior Eric Morris declined to comment.

This is the third reported rape involving Penn students this semester. The first occurred during a party at a fraternity house on the 3500 block of Locust Walk, which is where the Phi Kappa Sigma, or Skulls, house is located.