The two convicted sex offenders discovered by Penn officials last month to be working for the University are no longer employed at Penn, University officials said Friday.

University spokeswoman Lori Doyle confirmed that the two employees are no longer affiliated with the University but refused to provide further details about the reasons for their departure.

One of the employees had been an administrator in the Anthropology department, while the other was a temporary worker in the School of Nursing.

Larysa Carr, assistant to the chairman of the Anthropology department, said that the administrator had resigned on Feb. 2, but would not provide further details about his resignation.

The administrator in question was contacted by phone Friday but offered no comment about the circumstances surrounding his departure from the University.

The second employee did not return requests for comment.

Officials from the Nursing School could also not be reached for comment.

University officials discovered the prior sex convictions of the two employees on Pennsylvania's Megan's Law Web site - an online directory of sex offenders in the state - after graduate student Kurt Mitman was found to be commuting to class from a Bucks County prison, where he was being jailed on a child-molestation conviction.

Unlike Mitman, the two employees were not still serving their sentence while at Penn, but the University nonetheless decided to review their employment status to "determine the risks, if any, to the safety and security of our community," according to a letter published by The Daily Pennsylvanian that was written by Provost Ron Daniels and Executive Vice President Craig Carnaroli.

Vice President for Human Resources Jack Heuer said that "Megan's Law was not a reason for either employee to no longer be" at Penn, citing discrimination policies that prevent a university from terminating employment solely based upon criminal history.

University officials refused to provide any further comment regarding the circumstances of the two individuals in question.

Mitman is also no longer a student at Penn after a Bucks County judge revoked his academic release privileges on Feb. 2. He had previously been allowed to leave prison for up to 12 hours a day to attend classes.

He is eligible for parole in September, when he can re-apply to the University in order to continue his studies.

-Staff writer Stephen Morse contributed reporting to this article.