The Penn men's basketball team, the defending champion of the Ivy League, defeated up-and-coming Yale on Friday night at the Palestra to remain unbeaten in the 2001 Ancient Eight season. After the Elis (6-11, 3-1 Ivy) had cut Penn's lead to one at the beginning of the second half, the Quakers went on a 9-2 run that all but put the game away. Yale never again got closer than within five points. The Quakers were led by a 19-point performance from senior guard Lamar Plummer. Ugonna Onyekwe added 13 and Koko Archibong scored 10 for the Red and Blue. Yale, which played without injured center Neil Yanke, was led by Chris Leanza. The sophomore guard scored 10 points, but shot just 3-for-14 from the field and did not make a field goal in the second half. With about a minute and a half to go in the game and Yale down 55-49, Leanza drove to the hoop, but was rejected by Penn freshman Adam Chubb. Leanza had a shot swatted on the Elis' next possession by Onyekwe, and Penn sealed the game by making five of six foul shots down the stretch. The win was the 200th of Penn coach Fran Dunphy's 12-year career. He stands 29 victories behind the Quakers' all-time wins leader, Lon Jourdet. The Quakers will host Brown on Saturday night at 7 p.m. The Bears come to the Palestra after a four-point loss to Princeton on Friday night in New Jersey.