After a disappointing 2000 season, the Penn men's lacrosse team seems to be taking out its frustration on an unwitting European country.

The Quakers are on a 10-day trip through the United Kingdom, and, after only two games, have acquitted themselves very well.

In their first overseas contest, the Quakers defeated South England Select, 10-9, led by All-Ivy League Honorable Mention selection, senior attacker Todd Minerley with two goals and one assist. Senior Kevin Cadin also added two goals to the effort.

Junior goalie John Carroll split time in the net with sophomore Jim Tyrell, and the two combined for eight saves in the first contest.

The Red and Blue's second European tilt wasn't even close, as the Quakers whipped the Wales National Team 15-1 behind three goals and one assist from junior Kenny Dixon. Also getting in on the Quakers scoring fest were senior Brad Bennet, who dumped in three goals, and Minerley and Cadin, each of whom repeated their previous efforts, and now have four goals apiece in the Quakers first two games.

The team rested with a few days of sightseeing before taking on the University All-Star team in Manchester Tuesday.

Results for the contest were unavailable at press time.