Penn sophomore Jessica DiMauro is aiming for her second national championship in as many years. After having the best year in Penn women's squash history last season, the Quakers are focused on one goal -- improvement. Last year, the team finished third in the nation with a dual meet record of 10-2 (2-2 Ivy League), behind Harvard and Princeton. Within the conference, only the Crimson had a better record. Included in the unprecedented season was the winning of the individual national championship by then-freshman Jessica DiMauro. But graduation decimated the Quakers roster. No. 2 seed and team captain Lissa Hunsicker graduated along with three other seniors in the top nine spots. Taking over the void at captain is Elissa Helt. Helt carries the No. 5 spot for the team and will be looked to for leadership by many of the younger players. "Elissa is a real fighter," Penn coach Demer Holleran said. "She is a good example to the younger ones on how to compete." Leading the way again for the Quakers will be DiMauro. The sophomore from Toronto says that her ultimate goal individually is to repeat as national champion. Her biggest rival is Princeton's Kathrine Johnson. Although it is obvious she is capable of retaining the title, DiMauro knows that she is going to have to work harder to stay on top of her game. "She is by far the best player I have ever coached," Holleran said. "She is fun to work with and is an exciting player to watch. She is a great team player. She should repeat if she plays well and stays uninjured." To fill in the No. 2 spot, Holleran again looked to the north and found freshman freshman Katie Patrick, the No. 1 women's squash player in Canada in her age group. Although Patrick has had little team experience, she has impressed both Holleran and teammate DiMauro. Still, replacing Hunsicker will be a tough charge for a rookie. "Katie is probably better than Lissa," DiMauro said. "They are different players. Lissa ran after stuff. Katie is a much smarter player." The most promising feature of the team is the freshman class. Including Patrick, five out of the top 10 spots are held by rookies. Although they never had the benefit of playing in team competition formats, Holleran is impressed with their skill. "The freshmen are solid squash players," Holleran said. "They are coming in with good experience." The team on a whole is very young. Dominated by freshmen and sophomores, Penn is filled with talent and inexperience. Although Holleran wants the team to be focused on performing well this year, it will be hard for everyone to avoid thinking about the years ahead. Sophomores DiMauro and Lindsay Moss, Penn's No. 4 player, both agree on the importance of this season, but note that, in the next few years, the team's achievements should be the best the program has ever seen. "By my senior year, we should do very well," DiMauro said. "Realistically, we should finish second." As for this year, Holleran hopes they will at least finish third nationally, if not better. Holleran is pleased with the team's positive attitude and desire to achieve, but she would like to see more intensity. As for the players, DiMauro and Moss note the enthusiasm of the team. "Everyone is improving," DiMauro said. "We are going to have a decent year. Everyone is keen and works hard."