Scott Calvert could be George Bush's grandson. With his clean-cut good looks and preppy clothes, incoming Managing Editor Calvert is almost the poster child for family values. "He's basically perfect," said incoming Assistant Managing Editor Stephanie Desmon, his girlfriend of 10 months. The College junior not only looks like the All-American boy, but friends and family say he is intelligent, hard-working, motivated and determined -- traits which earned him The Daily Pennsylvanian's top news post. Calvert's apple pie image started in childhood, according to his mom, Carol Calvert. He dreamed of someday playing for his hometown team -- the Baltimore Orioles -- and pursued that goal from Little League through high school. He switched to journalism in high school and has been at it ever since. As the editor-in-chief of his high school paper, he ran the paper into debt and then ignored the principal when he told Calvert not run an expensive color photo in the final issue. "We were already pretty far into debt," Calvert said. "I figured it wouldn't do much more damage." While finance may not be his forte, Calvert was a bookworm from an early age. He was not into teddy bears during childhood, so instead he would fall asleep with a stack of books nestled under his arm, his mom said. Calvert's now given up the books for a teddy bear named "Desi" after his fellow board member. Is Calvert really as simple as a mother's dream-come-true? Is there a wild side? "Oh, without question," Calvert said. "Perhaps I should defer," he said coyly as he turned to his officemate and girlfriend to supply the details of his wild life. Desmon remained mute. But Calvert's freshman roommate Kenney Oh is more than happy to fill in some of the gory details. On a trip to Bryn Mawr during his sophomore year, Oh says Calvert got so drunk, he soiled himself and had to be walked to a shower in one of the all-women's dorms to clean himself up. However, in his inebriated state, Calvert forgot that he was in a women's bathroom and stepped out of the shower to get some soap in front of a shocked female student. Calvert's mother says his exhibitionism started when he was two or three years old and would slip out of her grasp during bathtime and saunter down the street in his birthday suit, much to the amusement of neighbors. Mom said this was not the only way in which Calvert was a -- well . . . let's say challenging toddler. He also talked constantly and asked his mom questions about everything. But around those who don't know him well, the History major seems quiet and shy. As a child, his shyness around strangers was so extreme that he would kick his mother when old ladies pinched his cheeks and say 'Oh, what a cute baby' in the grocery store. "He wanted me to make them stop," Carol Calvert said. "Scott just couldn't handle that sort of attention." Still, Mom says, he's an outstanding leader -- he just prefers to stay out of the limelight. Calvert has also pushed aside his shyness to distinguish himself as an outstanding reporter and writer -- toiling into the wee hours of the morning to perfect his stories. He tackled some of the biggest stories in his tenure at the DP including the downfall of Penn News newspaper delivery service in his first semester as a beat reporter and more recently the Mayor's Scholarship case. He will use these skills during the next year to motivate and train reporters, oversee fellow editors and make sure the paper goes to bed by 3:30 a.m. each morning.