A burglary and five thefts from University buildings took place over break, University Police Lieutenant Susan Holmes said yesterday. The reports follow on the heels of several other similar burglaries and thefts. Police received a report of the theft of $5000 worth of athletic equipment and assorted clothing from Hollenback Center's equipment room on either January 8 or 9. A Macintosh computer and video interface valued at approximately $3650 were stolen from the Moore Building. Holmes said the theft took place between January 7 and 9. Between January 9 and 14, 12 microscopes, valued at $300 apiece, were stolen from the third floor of the Dental School. A camera worth $550 was taken from Stemmler Hall, formerly called the Medical Education Building. According to police, the theft took place between December 24 and January 2. A dormitory room in the Speakman building of the Quadrangle was burglarized during the break when a thief entered by breaking the room's window. A telephone, stereo and surge protector were taken, worth approximately $245. Police said the thefts and burglary are all apparently independent of each other.