A former Veterinary School professor involved in a tenure grievance against the University revealed yesterday that she has also filed sexual discrimination charges against the University with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. The EEOC has recently made a finding on the charges, filed over a year ago by former Vet School Oncologist Ann Jeglum, but a resolution is still under discussion, Jeglum said yesterday. Neither Jeglum or University officials would say if the EEOC has found in favor or against the University. EEOC officials would not comment on the case. The incident or incidents that caused Jeglum's grievance against the University have never been revealed, but she was twice denied tenure in 1987 and 1989 for unspecified reasons. The University's General Counsel's office confirmed the EEOC charges yesterday, but would not discuss the specifics of the current negotiations. "The process is still ongoing -- we're in discussion with Dr. Jeglum and her attorney at this time," Assistant General Counsel Elizabeth O'Brien said. Jeglum, a Vet professor who researches and treats canine cancer and was once chief of oncology in the Vet School, said yesterday that she is still involved in ongoing negotiations with Provost Michael Aiken. She said she has been negotiating since a faculty panel returned its findings in the case to the provost in July. "The provost [accepted] the findings of the grievance commission and made a proposal to me, to which I then sent a letter back as kind of a counterproposal," Jeglum said yesterday. "And the last correspondence I had back from him was answering my concerns, basically, and I have had no further communication since the determination of the EEOC." If the EEOC has made a final "letter of determination" in Jeglum's favor, she would have the right to sue the University within 90 days. But both O'Brien and Jeglum's lawyer said yesterday that their negotiations should be finished soon, and may be completed by the end of the year. Aiken repeated previous statements yesterday that he will "not discuss personnel matters." EEOC Investigator Joan Gmitter refused to confirm or deny the investigation or determination yesterday, saying that information on EEOC cases becomes public only if charges are brought in court. Vet School Dean Edwin Andrews said yesterday that he has not heard any news on the EEOC investigation, and repeated previous statements that he has not been notified of any progress in the grievance. "I haven't heard a thing," Andrews said. But O'Brien said that the General Counsel's office has been in close contact with Andrews over the past year. "Obviously we've had to gather factual information with individuals in the Vet School and we've been in close contact with the dean on this matter," O'Brien said. "Certainly when the General Counsel's office comes in contact with these things we aren't operating in a vacuum." Despite the General Counsel's office assertion, Andrews maintained that he has not heard "anything in any regard concerning Ann Jeglum" since the end of Jeglum's grievance. Because of the confidentiality of grievance proceedings, faculty and administrators are not permitted to comment on that aspect of Jeglum's case. Clinical Studies Department Chairperson Darryl Biery, Jeglum's immediate supervisor while at the University, could not be reached for comment last night. Biery resigned from his chairperson post late in June, but agreed to remain chair for six months until a replacement could be found. Andrews said this summer that the radiology professor's resignation was completely unrelated to Jeglum's case. Jeglum was denied tenure in 1987 and 1989 and filed her grievance shortly after. The grievance, a series of court-style hearings in which both sides present evidence to a three-person faculty panel, lasted for over a year until the panel returned its recommendations to the provost this summer. Jeglum left her office in the Clinical Studies division of the Veterinary Hospital in February, and now works in a West Chester veterinary clinic and lab. While at the University, Jeglum worked in the Vet School's Small Animal Hospital and spent more than five years researching treatments for certain forms of cancer in dogs, under funding from the American Kennel Club.