University fraternity and sorority members will connect with Greeks all over the country today in a teleconference about the role of the Greek system on university campuses. The conference's main speakers will participate in a panel discussion at Oklahoma State University, which will be broadcast via satellite to universities nationwide, and they will answer questions viewers ask by telephone. The University will receive the broadcast at the Annenberg School for Communication, and faculty members and representatives of different campus groups will participate along with members of the Greek system. The panelists, who are Greek alumni and specialists in a variety of academic fields, will focus on whether Greek systems are assets or liabilities to universities and will also address alcohol policies and risk management, the ability of the Greek system to foster a sense of community, and future trends in the system. According to Steven Lee, co-chairperson of the Greek Social Action Committee, the issues to be addressed at the conference are concerns at the University. "This is the kind of thing that GSAC, and the Greek system in general, is pursuing on its own," said the College senior. "It's for the benefit of the outside community as well as the Greek system." Representatives of the Black Inter-Greek Council, the Interfraternity Council and the Panhellenic Council will be available to answer questions after the televised conference. Panhel President Maureen Hernandez said the question-and-answer session will provide an opportunity for students who are not in the Greek system to eliminate their misconceptions about it. "I really hope that people come to ask things that they are concerned about or that they have stereotypes about," the College and Wharton senior said. Students who want to ask the panelists questions will write them on index cards, and then an Annenberg School staff member will call Oklahoma. The conference will be held in the Annenberg School, room 111, from 1 to 4 p.m. today.