A mailing mix-up has delayed progress on veterinary oncologist Ann Jeglum's year-and-a-half old tenure grievance against the University. According to University policy, Jeglum should have received a response from the provost's office to her complaints in mid-August. But she said this week the response has not come, even though the provost's office maintains it sent it a month ago. "The provost has written her and offered her something and she has not yet replied," Deputy Provost Richard Clelland said Tuesday. Clelland has just returned from vacation and said the response was sent "a month ago." But Jeglum said Tuesday that she has received any notification. "If they are communicating by lawyers, it hasn't happened there either," Jeglum added, saying she met with her lawyer Monday. Jeglum left her office in the Clinical Studies division of the University Veterinary Hospital last February. She now works in a West Chester veterinary clinic and lab. She was denied tenure in 1987 and 1989 and filed her grievance shortly after. Neither Jeglum or Clelland will specify the grounds for her grievance. The faculty grievance committee heard the case last year and forwarded its confidential recommendations to Provost Michael Aiken. Aiken reviewed these recommendations and made his own ruling, which is outlined in the letter sent to Jeglum. Clelland would not describe the provost's ruling. Aiken said he became aware of the communications mix-up yesterday. He declined to discuss his response.