The party may be over, but University officials can now begin reveling over their success in solicitating gifts during the 250th celebration, according to a recent report by the Council for Aid to Education. The Council reported late last month that the University ranked fourth among the nation's academic institutions in total gifts during the fiscal year of 1990, moving up one notch from the previous year's ranking. With total voluntary support topping $140 million during the year, it is the University's highest ranking in recent history. Before being ranked fifth in fiscal year 1989, the University ranked sixth in the 1987-88 school year, taking 10th place the year before, and 13th place during the 1986 fiscal year. "There has been definite upward movement," said Rick Nahm, vice president for development and university relations last Monday. Harvard University received the most financial support during 1990 fiscal year, which ended on June 30, 1990, at nearly $213.5 million -- topping Stanford University, who reported over $202 million. Stanford posted the largest total support per student in the top twenty, at over $14,000 per student. The University averaged just over $6,000 per student. David Morgan, the director of research for the Council said Monday that the statistics are highly accurate, since the figures are based on the gifts received, and not just the amounts pledged. Among the Ivy League, the University ranked third following Harvard and Cornell University. Dartmouth University and Brown University were the only Ivies that were missing from the top twenty. Princeton ranked 19th and with a six percent decrease in gifts, was the only university in the top 20 to report a decline from 1989 levels. "We have made major movement," Nahm said. "Even without the 250th [celebrations], we won't fall back below the top 10." Brown University's Director of Principle Gifts Dick Ballou said Monday that although they were not in the top 20, 1990 was Brown's second best year in history. Ballou added that Brown is currently in the "nucleus fund phase" while they continue to plan for a major capital campaign. Ballou said this phase involves the early solicitation of "your closest friends," those who have given substantially in the past.