Judicial Inquiry Officer Constance Goodman has found the Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity collectively responsible for charges of alcohol misuse and hazing at its Locust Walk house January 18. Goodman has prepared a list of charges against the fraternity and will take her case to the Fraternity and Sorority Advisory Board later this month unless she or the fraternity and sorority affairs director reaches a settlement with the chapter first. Goodman's charges concern "possible alcohol misuse [during] a pledging activity, and . . . the allegation of possible hazing," National Phi Sig Executive Vice President Tom Recker said last night. Goodman said last night she has found the fraternity as a whole responsible in the case and consulted OFSA in drawing up the charges. "The charges address University, city and state violations," said Goodman. If the case goes before the FSAB, the board will hold closed hearings on the charges. The board will then reach its own findings of fact on each of the charges and recommend a course of action to the Vice Provost for University Life. According to University's fraternity and sorority recognition policy, Phi Sig could receive an "administrative warning", be placed on probation, have its recognition suspended or have its recognition withdrawn. Phi Sig President Bill Jaffe said the "possible trial date" is next Thursday. The national organization has already taken action against the University chapter for the incident. Five brothers were removed from the undergraduate chapter last month as part of a reorganization process. One other brother voluntarily removed himself from the house by refusing to participate in the interview process. Recker said Goodman's list of charges said an intoxicated Phi Sig rush entered the Locust Walk house, drank more alcohol in a drinking game, had shaving cream sprayed on his head and was drawn on with magic marker. The rush then walked back to his dormitory where his resident adviser reported the incident. Recker added the report inferred "that it was forced alcohol consumption by peer pressure," which would be a violation of the University's and the state's anti-hazing regulations. Jaffe said he disputes Goodman's charges of alcohol consumption and of writing on the rush's face. He said there was no drinking game at the Phi Sig house, only a group of people informally drinking in the house. Jaffe said the rush was not forced to drink. He added the rush tried to grab some alcohol, but "he was physically restrained from drinking more since he was in an obvious state of intoxication." Jaffe said Goodman and the national organization investigated reports that Ben-Gay was put on the rush's genitals or the rush was forced to put some of the cream on himself, and determined they were unfounded. He said the rumor was started by a "misunderstanding" from a conversation the rush had with a brother. "[The allegations] are absolutely not true," Jaffe said. "The findings by national and the JIO found it not to be true." There are no names mentioned in the University's report, Recker said, so he could not say if the brothers involved were the same five brothers removed from the Phi Sig chapter. Jaffe said "very few brothers" were involved in the incident, but he would not say if they are still members of the undergraduate chapter. He added he disagreed with Goodman's finding of collective responsibility because the incident was only "the unfortunate action of a few members of the chapter." Both Jaffe and Recker said the reorganization of the University chapter, the second strongest action the national can take besides revocation of the charter, was "appropriate" and they hoped the University would allow it to take effect. If a hearing before the FSAB takes place, Phi Sig is allowed an advisor from its local or national organization to be present. Both Recker and Jaffe said they have not decided who this person will be.