Could it be true that the beach is no longer spring break's main attraction? Could it be that most students are forgoing Epicurean delights for more cerebral pursuits during the week-long respite? "We're going to experiment with our minds," said Engineering sophomore Mike Lee. But do not fear. Even Lee admitted that he, like thousands of University students, are going to take part in the traditional break pursuits as well. Besides experimenting with his mind, Lee acknowledged that he and several friends will also be experimenting with "our bodies and other people's bodies" during their stay in Daytona, Florida. Lee and College sophomore Chris Winfield have made big plans for their trip -- they plan to drive down to Daytona and stay at the same hotel where MTV will be holding a special spring break broadcast. Lee and Winfield's plans are not unlike many students' trips for next week. According to local travel agents beaches are still the most popular destinations, particularly Cancun, Jamaica and Florida. For those who haven't left early for break, Friday and Saturday will be days of mass exodus from Philadelphia, as students head all over the country -- and the world -- for a few days bliss, free of the midterms and papers that have plagued students for the past month. No more labs, no more lectures, no more structure. "I'm going to spend every day on the beach and get really tan," said College sophomore Diana Tapper, who will spend the week in the Bahamas. "Unless it rains -- then I will go shopping." For many, dreams of the friendly skies ended when they paid their last tuition bill, so students who can't afford to fly will be doing a lot of driving over the next week. The 24-hour car ride to Florida gives students a lot of time to think -- or sleep, read, or do something more creative. "We're planning to debate Milton," said Winfield, of what he will be doing on his long trip to Florida. "If not, we may play some Twister or do some breakdancing." In the car, that is. But car drives are not all fun and games. In fact, they can be downright problematic. "Last year one of the cars broke down in Georgia, so we just left it there and rented a car for the rest of the trip," Engineering sophomore Eric Cohen said. But for some students, the break is not a time for carefree jubulance. Some must work, work, work. Take the 14 members of Void, the University's ultimate frisbee team, for example. They have to drive to West Palm Beach, Florida to compete in a tournament. But even Void members will get a little rest. After competing in the tournament this weekend, some members will camp out at a local state park while others will head south to Disney World. If all goes according to plan, they will regroup in Columbia, South Carolina, for another tournament. Cohen, a member of Void, said that the team has some painful memories of past trips. Cohen said that he got the nickname "Boots" for his digestive difficulties on several occasions last year. In between these venues, however, the group's exact plans for the trip are still up in the air. "We're just going to wing it and see what happens," said Wharton sophomore Matt Blau, a Penny Loafers member. "It's going to be a lot of fun." The Mask and Wig Club will send 37 members by bus on tour where they will perform in six cities. They will begin in Boston and drive through New York, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit and Chicago before returning to Philadelphia. "It's going to be a blast," said Wharton sophomore and Wigger Steve Raneri. "Everyone is looking forward to it." Group members will have free time to explore Boston and Chicago. As for the long bus ride, Rarari said that the group has plans to deal with it. "We won't let anyone get bored," Raneri said. "The group has traditional things that we do to pass the time." Engineering junior Cecil Smart will join the track team in it's meet at Clemson University. The team's solution to the problem of long distance traveling is to make the trip seem just like home -- they will bring a television in the bus. But for some students, break is a time for short-distance travel. Many are either visiting friends in the northeast or just going home. Wharton freshman Juliana Herde is driving to Binghamton, New York to visit her best friend. The phrase "just going home," however, can be deceptive at a University that draws students from all 50 states and countries throughout the world. College freshman Jessica Satnick is flying home to Dallas, Texas, but even this long distance trek is producing much the same results as any other trip home. "I'm going to sleep for a week," she said. For the hardened few, the break will not be so frivolous. Some students will continue next week with the what they were doing this week. A number of students, including College senior Stephen Lapointe, will be finishing their senior theses, due soon after break. And Wharton senior Michelina Curra will take a train to New York where she will have a job interview. But whatever students are doing next week, almost all expressed the sentiments of Engineering freshman Sam Alcoff, who will be heading to Mertle Beach, South Carolina. "It should be a really good time," he said.