President Sheldon Hackney will attend a meeting of the Undergraduate Assembly tonight, a "seldom" occurrence in Hackney's 10-year tenure, according to Assistant to the President Nicholas Constan. At the meeting, Hackney is scheduled to be updated about the issues currently facing the undergraduate government. A discussion on the Reserve Officers Training Corps' policy banning service by gay, lesbian and bisexual students is also on tonight's agenda. UA Chairperson Duchess Harris said last night that UA leaders are excited that Hackney will attend, adding that they plan to make presentations about what each UA committee is currently involved in. "The primary thing is that we're going to have the committee chairs give a synopsis of what they are doing and what they want to do," Harris said last night. Hackney's participation will enable them to "know how to use the president's office and other administrators to achieve their goals." Harris said UA issues including general fee increases, tuition, financial aid, the constitutional convention and an improved PENNCard system will each be discussed. She also said that having Hackney present demonstrates the value of the assembly. "We represent student concerns," Harris said. "We're the lobbying group for students." Constan said yesterday that Hackney generally meets with student groups at their request, but added that his contact with the UA in the past has been "seldom." The president does, however, meet regularly with UA leaders and has contact with them at University Council meetings. "Basically, he tries to meet with as many groups as possible," Constan said. "It is not a question of exclusivity with the UA." Constan also said that Hackney was given a copy of the meeting's agenda, but said that he believed ROTC's presence on it was a "coincidence of issues." "Any campus issue of note would be up for discussion, I would imagine," he added. The meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. tonight in the Towne Building, room 321. Students are invited to attend.