According to University Police spokesperson Sylvia Canada, the victim had finished an evening class in the David Rittenhouse Laboratory and was walking to her home on the 2000 block of Pine Street, Canada said that when the victim reached the 3200 block of Walnut Street, a man walking in the opposite direction walked into her and struck her in the face with a closed fist. The man then tried to grab the student's knapsack, Canada said. When she resisted, the assailant said "Give me your bookbag!" When the student continued to resist, the assailant fled the scene, running west on Walnut Street. The student took a taxi for the remainder of her trip home, Canada said. Canada added that when Police arrived to take the student's report, she refused to be taken to the hospital to be checked for any injuries. However, after going to Student Health, the student found out that the left side of her face was fractured. Canada said that there are no suspects in the case but the student described her assailant to the Police as being clean shaven, approximately 30 years old, between 5'7" and 5'10", wearing a dark jacket, and having his hair cut closely to his head. -- Elie Landau