As the forces in the Persian Gulf prepared for war during the last few weeks, the University was also readying itself by reviewing policies and planning support services for a possible crisis. Vice Provost for University Life Kim Morrisson said last night that officials from all areas of her office and from the provost's and president's offices have met to discuss a reaction plan for the University. "This will dominate the news and everyone's thinking," Morrisson said. "It will be the most significant issue on people's minds." No specific changes have been made in the programs being offered through the University Counseling Service or Student Health, but Director of Student Health MarJeanne Collins said that her depaprtment may develop special programs. She said counselors will be available as usual for students to call and speak to. Morrisson said she and other administrators have reviewed the Guidelines on Open Expression and expect to distribute the highlights of it to students so that they are aware of what the policy allows. There are no plans yet to train more open expression monitors, but Morrisson said administrators will continually reevaluate the situation. She said it is difficult to predict exactly what students' reactions will be. These precautions were not enough to maintain order last night. A crowd of over 250 students protesting the war barged through the Quad gate with none of the marchers showing identification. Efforts by a security guard to stop them had no effect. In addition, the rally at times became confrontational when other students began yelling at the protesters. The Office for International Programs has also been involved in planning for the special needs of the large international population at the University. Morrisson said policies about releasing information about students have also been reviewed. She said the only information which can be released about students is directory information. University policies regarding students who are part of the military reserves and who may be called away will also be distributed to the affected students. "A war is a very draining, gut-wrenching sitution," Morrisson said. "Certainly life goes on and one tends to carry on, but it will definitely have an impact on students, faculty and staff."