Renovations to Logan Hall will force the School of Arts and Sciences to relocate its College administrative offices to the Mellon Bank Building on 36th and Walnut Streets for at least a year, according to College Associate Dean Norman Adler. The offices, which are now located in 100 Logan Hall, will move to their new location this summer, a spot chosen to keep the department's central campus location. "Many people have worked hard to find a central location for the offices. . . and to maintain accessibility to students," he said. "The central location [signifies] the central position the College holds in the University." Adler added that the stay in the Mellon Bank Building is only temporary and could last anywhere from one to two years. He said that he is not sure if the administrative offices will be moved back to Logan Hall after the renovation is completed. College Office Director Jean Morris said yesterday the new office will be moved to one floor of the building but will have less space than the old office. She said the school will have to redesign the floor, adding that "the staff is making sacrifices for the students." Adler said he did not know who owns the Mellon Building, but the floor to be used for the offices is now vacant. Staff workers in the office said they are pleased with the move and the communication between them and the administration. Administrative Assistant Marion Friedman said the new site is "very convenient." "I'm delighted because it's much closer than the Market Street [site]," Friedman said. Assistant Dean of Management Karen Marsellis added that the College is working with the registrar to relocate classes which are now held in Logan Hall.