Wasted and The Enemy Within, the Theater Arts One-Acts which opened last night, both beam with energy, but lack experience that would normally make the performance polished. The dramas -- written, directed, and produced by University students -- were created to allow neophytes to grow in their individual fields, rather than concentrate on the artistic value. But somewhat surprisingly, several students shined in scripts that were both immature and missed their mark. Wasted, which relates the story of an alcoholic mother and her family, is simple both from a directing and technical standpoint using a basic set and generic lighting. The simplicity, however, lends to some of the drama's potential power and realism. The Enemy Within tells the story of the 25th reunion of the inner circle of the World War II French Resistance. The show's strength was centered in its entrancing flashbacks. Some performing arts newcomers were worthy of note in their University debuts. College freshman Tom Shotkin, who portrayed Charles, provided great comic relief after some depressing scenes. Also College freshman Lauren Sternfield's performance, showing a wide array of emotions, was the high point of The Enemy Within. The acting, in both dramas, undoubtedly demonstrated energy but seemed to be too overanxious. The actors were excited to be on stage and displayed their effort to the audience. But in both shows, it initially appeared that the actors were not listening to each other, rather anticipating a cue to deliver their next line. The show runs through Saturday at the Annenberg Center's Studio Theater. Tickets are $4 and are on sale on Locust Walk.