But $7 million and hundreds of television commercials later, Governor Robert Casey leads Auditor General Barbara Hafer by 40 points in most voter polls, and the question for next Tuesday seems to be only by what margin Casey will win. Hafer managed to raise about $2 million for her campaign, and has only recently begun her televised campaign. For the past month, Casey has flooded local television stations with his commercials, most of which feature the governor talking with children. Hafer began advertising this week on Philadelphia cable television. Stephen Miskin, Hafer's campaign director for eastern Pennsylvania, said last week that Hafer's commericals focus on her position on abortion rights and the state's financial condition. Miskin added that Hafer has always been an "underdog" in her races, adding that she has not received support from all Republican leaders. But, he said, local party officials -- including Philadelphia officials -- are "all right behind her." Hafer, who spoke at the University in September, will return to Philadelphia several more times before the election. Miskin said he expects Hafer to do well in the city, citing her position on abortion and Philadelphia's financial crisis. Bob Barnett, Casey's southeast Pennsylvania coordinator, said that his campaign will continue to advertise heavily right up to election day. Casey will return to Philadelphia two or three more times before the election, Barnett said, adding that the governor is not resting on his large lead in the polls. "[Casey] makes it clear to the entire staff not to be overconfident," Barnett said. Sandra Featherman, the director of the Center of Public Policy at Temple University, said last week that Hafer must pull Democrats away from Casey if she is to have a chance at winning. Democratic registrations in Pennsylvania outnumber Republicans by approximately 500,000. Featherman added that there will likely be a low turnout on November 6 -- which, she contended, would favor Hafer since Democrats do not vote as often as Republicans. She added that many more Democrats are willing to vote for a Republican than Republicans for a Democrat. While Featherman called a Hafer victory "unlikely," she said these factors could lead to a closer election than many observers expect. Each candidate has each picked up an endorsement from a major Philadelphia newspaper: Casey from the The Philadelphia Inquirer, Hafer from the Philadelphia Daily News.