The Uhuru Solidarity Committee yesterday claimed the Christian Association refused to allow the outspoken black rights organization to use CA rooms, and termed the decision "blatantly anti-black." Group members said they requested CA space for a conference this weekend but were told they could not use the facilities because they had a "bad reputation." CA officials who would be involved with such decisions could not be reached last night. The letter, addressed to President Sheldon Hackney, demanded that the University require CA administrators to grant their group meeting space in the future. "It is clear that when it comes to the black community, the CA will break all the rules to prevent open dialogue and principled struggle," the letter states. "We demand that the CA open its facilities and resources for use by the black community." The CA building, located at 36th Street and Locust Walk, houses several University and student organization offices including the University City Hospitality Coalition, The Vision, a monthly publication run by black students, and local newspaper University City Review. Hackney declined to comment last night, saying he has not yet seen the letter. Solidarity Committee member Sandy Thompson said last night that CA Director Beverly Dale denied the group space to hold a forum. She said Dale told her the committee is "banned" from the building, but said the director did not give specific reasons. Dale was unavailable for comment last night. According to Thompson, the Solidarity Committee is a predominantly white national movement led by the African People's Socialist Party -- a political organization which fights across the nation for black solidarity and black rights. Thompson, a West Philadelphia resident, said the committee has approximately 15 active University student members. Thompson said the forum, called "Stop the War on the Black Community," will be held at Logan Hall this weekend because it did not get CA space. She said the CA should have granted the space because the group fights for the rights of area residents. "The Christian Association needs to say what its relationship is to West Philadelphia," Thompson added. CA Campus Minister Weldon Williams, who works mainly with black students, last night refuted claims that the CA is anti-black. "The very reason that I was hired was for the sole purpose of tryng to meet the needs of the African-American population," Williams said. Williams also said he is certain that Dale will address the issue fairly and that a solution will be found. "This is a test of diversity for the Christian Association," he added. Black Student League President Buzz Thomas said last night that he has never heard people accuse the CA of discriminating against black students.