University Police foiled two separate burglary attempts on the 3900 block of Baltimore Avenue within a half-hour period Monday. University Police spokesperson Sylvia Canada said police received calls from students living on the block at 1:30 and 2 p.m. reporting intruders in their houses. Police responded in time to catch the would-be burglars before they made their escape. The first caller told police he saw a man wearing jeans, a hat and a red flannel shirt on the second-floor roof attempting to pry open a barred window. When the student called police, the man left, but officers Dan Forsythe and John Wilye spotted him nearby. They stopped the suspect, Samuel H. Woldeselasie, 30, of 3922 Parrish Street, and brought him back to the house. After the student identified Woldeselasie as the intruder, police arrested him and charged him with attempted burglary. The second call was from a student several doors down who was reporting an intruder in her house. Canada said the student later told police she was in a second-floor bedroom and heard noises on the third floor. She told police she went up to check but found nothing. When she came back down she noticed that a door that had been open when she left was closed. She called police and waited outside. Officers Michael Fink and Forsythe responded and found Christopher Gilmore, 24, of 5341 Chancellor Street, standing in front of a bureau in the house with stolen stereo equipment bundled at his feet. Police arrested Gilmore and charged him with burglary. Canada said Gilmore was wanted by Philadelphia Police on three outstanding warrants, but added that she did not know what the other charges were.