wbb-vs-cornell-woemns-basketball-eleah-parker

Sophomore center Eleah Parker earned Ivy League Player of the Week honors after putting up 55 points over two games last weekend.

Credit: Son Nguyen

Sophomore Eleah Parker and junior AJ Brodeur earned Ivy League Player of the Week honors for carrying their teams through the weekend by scoring career and team-highs respectively. 

Parker, who is in the running for Ivy League Player of the Year, scored a career-high 29 points against Yale on Friday night. She bagged her ninth double-double of the season, and sixteenth of her career, while scoring nine free throws, tying her career-high in the process. In the fourth quarter, she bolstered a team comeback with 10 made field goals.

The center continued her fiery form against Brown, going 12-of-20 from the field and scoring 26 points in the process, as the Quakers won the game and a share of the Ivy title. With eight rebounds and three blocks, the sophomore has established herself as among the nation’s top shot blockers, ranking second in single-season blocks with 88 this season.

Junior guard AJ Brodeur will likely be a thorn in Harvard's side when the two teams meet in Saturday's Ivy League Tournament semifinal.

Penn, the No. 2 seed in the Ivy League Tournament, opens postseason play against No. 3 Harvard this Friday. Parker will play a huge role in the Quakers' chances of securing an NCAA berth and prolonging Penn’s postseason into late March. 

Brodeur bagged Ivy Player of the Week honors for the second time this season. The junior fueled the Quakers, who needed to win both games to have a chance of making Ivy Madness, by scoring 42 points over the weekend.

The forward scored a team-high 24 points against Yale, scoring an even 12 in each half, and also contributed with eight rebounds, three assists, three steals, and two blocked shots. Against Brown, he posted 18 points, four assists, and seven rebounds, ending the weekend by going 20-of-35 from the field. 

The junior, who was the Most Outstanding Player in last year’s Tournament and is on a 24-game streak of double-figure scoring games, will lead the charge for Penn when it takes on top-seed Harvard on Saturday.