The Undergraduate Assembly held internal elections on Sunday afternoon to elect its executive board for the upcoming year.

Newly elected UA President Joyce Kim and Vice President Joshua Chilcote, both College juniors, will be joined on the executive board by College sophomore Andrew Robertson as speaker, College freshman Natalie Hernandez as secretary and College junior Amanda Acosta Ruiz as treasurer.

In the wake of this semester’s impeachment scare and the dramatic unfolding of elections, the next cycle of UA leaders will serve as spearheads for the future of Penn’s student government.

As speaker, Robertson will replace Chilcote in running weekly UA meetings and facilitating UA discussion and debate. Acosta will head the new budget committee, and Hernandez will manage UA records and attendance.

The executive board members were elected through an internal election in Irvine Auditorium, in which only newly elected members of the UA were permitted to vote. Members of the public were welcomed to attend and ask questions of the candidates.

Hernandez is excited for the year ahead. “My goals are twofold: one, to make the UA more transparent to the greater Penn community, which I hope to do through increasing our presence online, and two, to increase the feeling of unity within the UA through being a co-social chair with Andrew Robertson and increasing the communication between the secretary and committee directors,” she said.

Ruiz said she is looking forward to budgeting earlier in the academic year than this year, which should faciltate better communication between government branches.

“I am very excited be the UA’s fifth speaker—I’ve got a lot to live up to. What I am looking forward this term as Speaker is truly uniting the UA body both socially and professionally,” Robertson added in an email.