Attention all photographers!

This week, Penn Medicine in tandem with The Center for Emerging Visual Artists launched “Impressions of Philadelphia,” a competition for photographers to submit images of the city. Winning images will be displayed in the new Pavilion for Advanced Care at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center.

Scheduled to open in January 2015, PAC will feature the work of 25 different artists whose photographs are deemed best.

Submissions must capture the “landscapes and architectural elements that represent the meaning of the community and patients’ images of home,” assistant executive director of Penn Presbyterian and PAC project executive Alyson Cole said.

According to Cole, interior design company EwingCole was hired for the project. The team suggested decorating the facility with photographs of the city. Cole and her associates liked the idea because the photographs will represent the area they serve.

“We’re not looking for iconic places,” Cole said, “But those things that really make the city unique - if you’re from Philadelphia you you’d say, ‘Oh, I’ve seen that!’”

Photographs will be evaluated in two rounds of judging, according to a recent press release. Image quality is paramount since the selected photographs will be on 19x19 foot displays in different locations around the PAC building. Entries must be submitted online by May 15.

Cole highly encourages submissions from visitors, Philadelphia residents, students of the Penn community and professional photographers.