Starting now, more and more retail options are opening around campus. New places for pizza, donuts, yogurt and more will become Penn staples by 2014:

Fall 2013

State Liquor Store

On Sept. 10, a government liquor store opened on 43rd and Chestnut streets. West Philadelphia’s first “premium” liquor store, it offers a large variety of alcohol and doesn’t sell smaller sized products.

Chestnut Square Part 1

Through the end of the year and beginning of 2014, the retail at Chestnut Square on 32nd and Chestnut streets will continue opening. Joe Coffee opened in September and Italian frozen yogurt chain Yogorino will open by the end of the month. The highly anticipated Shake Shack is slated to open on Friday.

Related: Shake Shack, Yogorino among retail to open this month

Winter 2013-2014

Chestnut Square Part 2

Italian restaurant Zavino and Japanese restaurant coZara will open their doors between December and January.

Spring 2014

Federal Donuts

In early 2014, Federal Donuts will open its third location on 34th and Sansom streets. The restaurant specializes in coffee, donuts and twice-fried, Korean style chicken. Both chicken and donuts are known to sell out daily.

Related: Federal Donuts to open in University City

Zesto Pizza & Grill

The restaurant, also to be located in the development on 40th and Sansom streets, is opening in spring 2014. The restaurant serves foods including pizza, pasta, cheesesteaks and sandwiches.

Dunkin’ Donuts

The chain will open another location at the development on 40th and Sansom streets, in spring to summer 2014.

Whirled Peace Frozen Yogurt

Coming spring or summer 2014 to the development on 40th and Sansom streets, Whirled Peace offers flavors ranging from Valencia orange sorbet to peanut butter cup. Aside from yogurt, they prioritize being a socially and environmentally conscious business.

Fall 2014 and Beyond

Hub 3939

Construction on the sister building to the Hub I will finish in fall 2014, with a January 2015 opening. It will house 65 new apartments, a restaurant similar in quality to Distrito, and something along the lines of medical services or a fitness center.

Related: New retail, housing planned at 40th, Chestnut

New office building

A six-story office building is in the works for the lot on 39th and Walnut streets, also known as the former site of the Philly Diner. Many Penn administrative offices will be relocated there due to the construction of the Ronald O. Perelman Center for Political Science and Economics at the Philadelphia Trust Building on 36th and Walnut streets.