Simply Chaos — Penn’s only stand-up comedy group — stole April Fools’ Day’s “Thunder” at their performance Friday night at Houston Hall.

Houston’s Class of ’49 Auditorium teemed with about 150 students gathered for Simply Chaos’ spring showcase, “Thunder.” A group of 11 student comics performed on a stage adorned with a medieval set but delivered jokes to suit the modern palate.

Behind the scenes, College senior and comic Amalie Chen said stand-up is a raw form of comedy. A joke’s success varies with every audience, and thus comedians have to improvise to impress.

Simply Chaos performs at events around the city, sponsors campus events and produces its own show every semester. This year, the group is trying to expand their marketing strategies online.

The show kicked off with an introduction to 2012 College graduate David Agyekum — the show’s host and Simply Chaos’ former president, whom Comedy Central has deemed a “comedian to watch.”

College senior Jackie Koehn compared sex noises to the noises she made while bicycling drunk. Later, she narrated an awkward situation when she was naked in front of her dog — only to realize that the dog had been naked for ten years.

College junior Hank Kauffman, on the other hand, admired women for wearing yoga pants all day so that they would look cute, they wouldn’t sweat and people would think that they’d been working out.

For her part, Chun poked fun at all varieties of Penn students when she relayed her time as a Career Services assistant. She said that she would regularly take calls from students wanting to make an appointment. Over time, she said, she was able to tell what school each caller attended.

Wharton students would book an appointment with a LinkedIn request, while Engineering students complained that they had too many jobs.

Nursing students would say, “‘Hi, how are you?’ And I’d be like, ‘I’m fine.’ Then they’d be like, ‘Are you sure? You sound tired. Wanna talk about it?’”

College sophomore Brennan Cusack, who attended the show, said the show was her “favorite night of the year” and that Simply Chaos was “one of the most professional programs on campus.”