Penn’s proportion of possible cases of H1N1 influenza is still considerably higher than the nationwide college average but lower than the Pennsylvania college average.

Penn reported 103 possible cases of H1N1 influenza for the week of Oct. 18-24, according to an online update posted to the University’s flu prevention site.

The new cases make Penn’s weekly infection rate 51.2 possible cases per 10,000 students, which is higher than the national average but slightly lower than the state average.

Across the nation, there were 28 possible cases reported for every 10,000 students between Oct. 17-23, according to the American College Health Association. In Pennsylvania, that rate is 55.7 cases per 10,000 students, an 81-percent increase over last week’s state average.

According to the update, most people who have been sick have recovered on their own without receiving medical treatment.

SHS will distribute H1N1 vaccine from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Nov. 6, 13 and 20 in the Arts, Recreation and Culture House. Because the H1N1 vaccine is injectable, students are asked to wear clothing with easy access to the upper arm and to bring their PennCards.

Students with flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue, are urged to remain at home and call the SHS flu help line at 215-746-3535 for further information.