Three more members of the Penn community were named to positions in the President's administration this summer.

Penn alumnus and governor of Utah Jon Huntsman, Jr. was nominated by Obama as the United States ambassador to China in May.

Huntsman has served as an ambassador twice before in his career - as the U.S. ambassador to Singapore from 1992 to 1993, and as U.S. trade ambassador during former President George W. Bush's first term. He has also served as a White House staff assistant to former President Ronald Reagan and held positions in the State and Commerce Departments.

Penn Law professor William Burke-White will also help the Obama administration in international affairs.

Burke-White, who will take a two-year leave of absence from the Law school to serve his appointment, was chosen for a policy position in the U.S. Department of State.

Former adjunct law professor Ken Feinberg was also appointed to a position in the Obama administration this summer.

Feinberg, who taught a course at Penn Law from 1998 to 2005, will oversee the compensation of executives at financial companies receiving government bailout money, like Citibank, Chrysler and General Motors.

These appointments are in addition to the many members of the Penn community tapped by the Obama administration last spring, who include Graduate School of Education student Glenn Cummings, Psychiatry professor Thomas McLellan and former Asian American Studies adjunct professor Kalpen Modi.