Updated March 9, 5 p.m.

Only one Quakers wrestler, Rollie Peterkin at 125 pounds, was able to reach the finals of this weekend's Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Associatoin Tournament as the Penn wrestling team finished in a disappointing tie for third with Bucknell, despite the Palestra hosting the event. Cornell won the tournament easily with 138 points. The second place team, Lehigh, scored only 103 points, and Penn and Bucknell each scored 79.

The finals looked like a Cornell vs. The Field dual match, as the Big Red fielded a finalist in seven of ten weightclasses. In the end, four of ten champions took their trophies on back to Ithaca, N.Y.

Peterkin was thoroughly outwrestled throughout his finals match with Cornell's No. 2 Troy Nickerson, losing 5-2. But coaches, teammates and opponents remain optimistic about his chances at the NCAA tournament.

Senior 149-pounder Cesar Grajales had a disappointing tournament, losing twice and eventually finishing fifth. However, he still automatically qualified for the NCAA tournament, which will take place in St. Louis March 19-21.

Two other wrestlers in addition to Grajales and Peterkin will make the trip to St. Louis: Matt Dragon (157) and Scott Giffin (174). Also, three wrestlers -- Bryan Ortenzio (133), Rick Rappo (141) and Trey McLean (285) -- finished just out of range of an auto-bid, so they must wait until at-large bids to the NCAAs are announced later this week.