After his team wrapped up first-round play on Saturday, women's golf coach Mark Anderson knew the day was far from over.

The Quakers had carded a 46-over 336 on day one of the Eastern College Athletic Conference Championships, and he wasn't ready to let them head back to their Williamsburg, Va., lodging.

"We spent about two-and-a-half hours practicing our short game, working on the putting greens, working on our full swings and working on things that were weaknesses on Saturday," he said.

"We were probably there for an hour once all the other teams had gone."

Penn responded on Sunday, posting a more respectable 312 to finish 10th overall out of 17 schools. Only five teams carded better on day two.

Princeton dominated the championship, finishing with a 23-over-par 599, 16 strokes better than second-place St. John's. Three Tigers placed in the individual top 10.

Dartmouth, the only only other Ivy League school to participate, came in ninth, just one stroke ahead of the Quakers.

A middle-of-the-pack finish was a huge improvement for the Red and Blue, who last week tied for 17th place out of 19 teams at the Yale Invitational.

Freshman Tiffany Cheung led the Quakers with a 12-over 156 and tied for 12th overall.

"As a freshman she's done a great job," Anderson said.

According to Anderson, junior Catherine Elliott also showed dramatic improvements during Sunday's play. After finishing Saturday's round with a score of 86, she posted a 74 in the second round.