In my opinion, a great Sunday morning has a few necessary ingredients. Warm coffee. Delicious food. A relaxed atmosphere. The New York Times.

Per those requirements, I would have to call the Sunday morning I spent at Ants Pants Cafe on South Street a great one.

I'll admit, it can be hard to get out of bed and drag yourself on the 20-minute walk (or five-minute cab ride) down to Ants Pants Cafe. Make sure to pay close attention: The tiny restaurant would be easy to miss were it not for the locals spilling out the door as they wait for a table.

But my friend and I were fortunate enough to be seated promptly by a wait staff so attentive they were on the verge of being annoying. The restaurant is definitely cramped, but the bright, sunny interior and lively chatter make it feel more like mom's busy kitchen at home.

Ants Pants also has a patio out back for dining on those particularly nice days, but good luck getting a seat - the outdoor option is coveted by many.

Within five minutes we had coffee, which was reason enough for the trek. Starbucks and Bucks have nothing on this stuff.

Throughout the rest of brunch, the restaurant stayed true to its name: Ants Pants, an Australian adjective, means "unequivocally 'the best,'" according to the menu.

Being a breakfast lover, I opted for the creme brulee french toast, served with maple syrup and sour cream sauce. Although it became cold before I finished (perhaps because I savored every bite?), the sweet french toast went wonderfully with the syrup and the sauce which - despite the sweet and savory flavor difference - complemented each other nicely.

My friend, a bigger fan of lunch food, went for the smoked honey turkey sandwich. Topped with tangy honey mustard, perfectly melted brie and fresh avocado, the sandwich was tasty and filling without being too much of a mouthful. The bread was warm and crispy, and the side pasta salad was also savory without veering into overpowering territory.

On the recommendation of our waiter, we decided to split the restaurant's sweet potato fries. Accompanied by two tasty, tangy dipping sauces - one a chili sauce, one a sour-cream sauce - the slightly spicy fries were irresistible. We would have finished them if we weren't so full already.

With all of the food and coffee, our bill was still less than $25, a pleasant end to a very pleasant Sunday morning. So beat the usual Marathon brunch crowd and head down for the most ants pants brunch you'll find outside of Australia.

-Staff writer Alyssa Schwenk contributed to this article