[Rana Molana/DP File Photo] Nikky Ptak, who graduated from Penn last May after playing four years for the women's tennis team, is now an assistant coach for the Quakers.

In May, the Penn Athletic Department wrote an article entitled "Penn women's tennis bids farewell to a quartet of seniors."

One of those seniors was Nikky Ptak.

But on Tuesday, the school welcomed Ptak back to the tennis program, announcing her as the new assistant women's tennis coach.

Ptak could not be reached for comment.

Last year, Ptak was named both the Most Valuable and Most Inspirational Player on the squad.

She earned first-team All-Ivy honors in singles in 2003-04, and was also named to the second-team All-Ivy squad in doubles.

Ptak lost just two Ivy League matches last season, tallying a 21-9 record overall for the season.

In her four years with the Quakers, the Long Island native amassed an impressive 68-41 record in singles and a 64-23 record in doubles.

In 2002-03, Ptak finished the fall season ranked 22nd in the East Region, after going 9-6 in the fall. Teamed with then-freshman Raluca Ciochina, she went undefeated in Ivy League doubles action.

As a junior, she also was named Penn tennis' Most Inspirational Player and named to the second-team All-Ivy squad.

Ptak was also named second-team All-Ivy as a sophomore, going 9-2 against Ancient Eight competition.

She finished the year ranked 23rd among East Region singles players and was named the team's Most Improved Player.

Now Ptak will look to put her Penn psychology major to the test, trying to motivate her former teammates toward an Ivy League championship.

The women's tennis team's schedule starts on Sept. 24, when it hosts the Cissie Leary Invitational.