Three weeks after Princeton hired a new men's basketball coach, Dartmouth has done the same, naming longtime Colorado assistant Terry Dunn the 26th coach of Big Green men's hoops.

Dunn replaces Dartmouth's former head coach, Dave Faucher, who resigned at the end of this past season after his team finished in last place in the Ivy League.

"Terry brings a great breadth of experience and maturity to the program," Dartmouth Athletic Director Josie Harper said in a press release. "He has an impressive resum‚ and has played an instrumental role in rebuilding programs at Colorado and Colorado State.

"Although the search process was somewhat daunting with more than 100 applicants, the search committee and others involved in the process did a fantastic job, and we could not have ended up in a better place to help get Dartmouth basketball pointed in the right direction."

Those 100-plus candidates were narrowed down to four finalists -- Penn assistant Gil Jackson, George Washington assistant Steve Pikiell, Williams coach Dave Paulsen and Dunn

Paulsen, the NCAA Division III Coach of the Year for the past two years, later removed himself from consideration.

Jackson, a 15-year assistant for Penn's Fran Dunphy, could not be reached for comment.

Dunn helped lead the Buffaloes to two NCAA Tournaments, coaching the Detroit Pistons' Chauncey Billups and recruiting David Harrison, a 7-foot NBA prospect.

The Raleigh, N.C., native also worked as an assistant at Colorado State, Army and Air Force, where he coached under former Dartmouth coach Reggie Minton.

"I'm certainly elated and my family is elated," Dunn said in a statement. "We've got a great group of returning players and a strong incoming freshman class, and I am excited to work with them."

Dunn's twin brother, Jerry, was formerly the coach of Penn State and is currently an assistant at West Virginia.