David Hochfelder, Steven Stolk and Tavraj Banga leave the Criminal Justice Center. [Caroline New/The Daily Pennsylvanian]

The preliminary hearing for the five Penn students accused of assaulting a Princeton University student has been scheduled for Feb. 21.

The hearing date was determined at a status hearing on Tuesday.

At the Feb. 21 hearing, which will be held at the Criminal Justice Center at 1301 Filbert St., the court will determine whether or not there is enough evidence to proceed with the charges brought against the students.

They are charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, reckless endangerment of another person's life, terroristic threats and conspiracy to commit a crime. Aggravated assault, which carries the heaviest penalty of 10 to 20 years, and criminal conspiracy are considered felonies. The remainder of the charges are misdemeanors.

The five students - College freshmen David Hochfelder, 19, and Philip Balderston, 19, College sophomore Thomas Bispham Jr., 20, Wharton sophomore Tavraj Banga, 19, and College senior Steven Stolk, 20 - were arrested for allegedly pouring motor oil on and flicking a lit cigarette at Princeton student John Brantl, who was visiting Penn's campus for a debate tournament in November.