David Dantzler-Wolfe

David Dantzler-Wolfe is still missing after more than a week, according to University officials.

The Wharton junior was last seen on Dec. 10 at 8 a.m. in Harnwell College House, where he lives, and University Police began an investigation into his whereabouts after they received a report the following day.

The Division of Public Safety is currently conducting a search for Dantzler-Wolfe, but has not yet made progress in locating him.

Penn Police is "checking the area hospitals and hotels to see if we could locate him, and we haven't," Director of Special Services Patricia Brennan said. "We've been tracking his PennCard and bankcard activities and... there's really been no activity."

Penn Police has a daily routine of checking 26 hotels, six hospitals and seven medical examiners. They also speak with Dantzler-Wolfe's mother every day.

Brennan has been working in cooperation with the Office of the Vice Provost for University Life, college house deans and Wharton administrators.

"We've all been touching base," she said. "We've all been working together on this."

At this point, nothing has been ruled out in terms of where Dantzler-Wolfe may be or what circumstances may have led to his disappearance.

"It's totally open from A to Z," Brennan said. With "finals and Wharton... people are under a lot of stress, so hopefully he went someplace to chill out. We're not focusing on any one aspect and we're not ruling out any."

Wharton sophomore Omar Vasquez, Dantzler-Wolfe's roommate, said the situation was uncharacteristic of Dantzler-Wolfe, calling it "definitely unprecedented." He last saw his roommate on the night of Dec 9.

Vasquez said Dantzler-Wolfe, who is originally from North Carolina, was very involved in and served as treasurer of Chord on Blues, a Penn a cappella group.

"That's the biggest thing that he enjoyed doing here at Penn and he definitely had friends in the group," Vasquez said.

"He's pretty aspiring," he added. "He hoped to make it big."

Dantzler-Wolfe was last seen wearing a red and grey hooded sweatshirt, dark pants, dark shoes or sneakers, and carrying a backpack.

Anyone who has information related to this case should contact Penn Special Services at 215-898-6600.